I have a very dear friend whos birthday is coming up soon. She lives in Texas so I really need to get it in the mail. Now what to do? I really try to make something for my friends instead of purchasing. I've done crochet dish rags, embroidered tea towels, pot holders and an apron. I guess I had the kitchen theme going on. This year I was at a loss. Another friend suggested a casserole carrier or a covered picnic basket. Great suggestions!
I have a new blog friend and I so love her blog. http://laughingwithangels.blogspot.com/ She participated in showing Where women create. Let me clue you I couldn't enter this for I currently have a path into my room that I create in. Must tackle this soon! Back to the birthday present. Why I was checking out some of her older blogs February 24Th to be exact I came across a accent pillow. Perfect for my friend! Her bedroom is white to heirloom white to even creams. So I stole her idea and set about to sewing.
I have tried to take a picture of it by setting it on an old suitcase against the wall but it looked really boring. It is really hard to see the vintage linen with the initial J. Plus the vintage buttons I used on the rosettes.
So I tried my bed but I had a helper. She absolutely didn't want to move. She even snuggled down so I had to lift her off the bed.
Here is the problem. I like it and I even like it next to my no face doll that I made back in the early seventies. I want to keep it. So do I send it off and make that casserole carrier or send it off and hope I make one for me. Will I find another vintage linen with a J? My friend's name is Judy so it works great for her.
The dilemma, I already know the answer. It is going in the box tomorrow and on its way to Texas.
Enjoy June
PS Thanks June of http://laughingwithangels.blogspot.com/ for the idea!
It is a beautiful pillow. She will love it, esp. so because you like it so much. Be determined to make yourself another. I hope you can find another piece of linen.
ReplyDeleteI hate that...but you know she will love it if you do too! I'm crying with you but the perfect vintage linen will turn up just for you!
ReplyDeleteBlessings always return,
Patty
Hey June, I have been in the garden and missed this post. I love your pillow!!!! My gosh, you did such an awesome job! I love anything made up in linen, I just wish it wasn't so expensive. I usually but it at Joannes when I have the coupon. You're a better person than me, cause I would have kept it all to myself. lol!
ReplyDeletehugs