Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Friday, June 18, 2010

Fertilizer Friday

I think everyone is getting tired of me talking about the rain. Even though we have broken all records in Oregon for rain and low temps for June. Needless to say my roses have suffered. I guess I'm not alone for I hear the Portland Rose Garden is also suffering from the wet and cold temps. But here is one little picture of a small rose bush.








I purchase this little plant this year for I wanted one that would climb the old fence. I am going to have to go online to find the name since somehow the tag disappeared. Something disappear at my organized place????



My one poppy had three blooms this year, yeah it is growing. I need to add more to my yard for I just love there rich color.




All my planters are finally starting to take off. It is a good thing it is Fertilizer Friday so I remember to feed them.

Maybe I'll even get the planter painted this summer. You see it was really cool old and chippy. My dear son thought he would help me out and power washed it to remove the old chippy paint. Kids just don't appreciate my love for old and chippy, hee-hee!


Planter on the hen house is starting to show color. Yes, that is an old egg basket that I planted up.


In front of the house the hanging basket has really taken off. It was suppose to be red, white and blue(purple). The red better hurry up.






I love this little planter mainly for the sign. Of course Grand kids are spoiled at my house. Wouldn't have it any other way!




My poor peonies this year. Believe it or not there is a support for this plant. I need to look for heavy duty. So they just lay on the rock for support.




But it is away enjoyable to cut a bouquet for the house.

I hope that my flowers brighten your day for they sure brighten mine! I am a person that needs light and color. Yes, white is color! Now hop on over to Tooties and see all the many bloggers with wonderful yard!
Enjoy June

6 comments:

  1. Pretty lowers. Mine have taken a beating from the rain.
    Now it's super hot. My deer have helped themsleves to my hosta.
    Have a good week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite all the rain you have had there your flowers look gorgeous! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are beautiful. I have a sign that says that same thing. There is nothing like Grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your unique pots and area's! Thanks ofr sharing, Paula in Idaho

    ReplyDelete
  5. June I love to view others garden blooms almost more than anything else. I love your red poppy (is it Beauty of Livermoor?) The garden here is starting to really take of. After all the cold weather I was beginning to wonder.
    Thank you for coming by and checking out the shed, turned studio. So much to do...so little time to do it. I am just now getting my vegetable starts planted.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, it is another rainy sunday here in seattle. Your flowers and your comment brightened my day. Thank-you so much for leaving me a note. I hope you win my giveaway.

    ReplyDelete