Hi there,
My names is Patronella, yes you see that correct. But let me make it simple, just call me Nellie. You see I was named after an Aunt who lived in Iowa. So it must be a mid west name. I am suppose to be a bantam but I think maybe a big rooster snuck into the hen house. So I'm a in between! I have a sister who looks alot like me but I seem to be fluffier. No not fatter, okay, got it!!!! I am a great layer sometimes two a day, you know that is work.
This picture doesn't show off my pretty fluffy feet, but they are pretty cute. They may get a little dirty with the wet weather but I do clean up petty good. I love that every morning I get let out of the coop along with the other hens. We spend the day pecking around and finding all kinds of treats. Then come dust we cozy up in our hen house to keep us safe for the night.
One of these day you will meet my sister and my other friends. Until then, keep clucking away!
Nellie
Hi June....your Petronella looks a bit like my Henny Penny. And I don't believe that I have ever shown her on my blog. She IS a bantam, though....the only bantam I own. And she squeezes out full size eggs each day...YIKES!
ReplyDeleteWell, have a wonderful week......will visit with you when we get back from vacation. I worked on blog posts to launch while I am away....a few slide shows to watch.....
Hugs,
bev