Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Monday, January 11, 2010

Oh my, remember the macadamia coconut cake I baked yesterday. I forgot to take a picture of it and there is not a crumb left. It was so delicious and one to try again.


I was on my favorite blog this morning and had so much fun looking at all the different chickens there are in this world. I only have five girls, Patronella - Nellie for short, Henrietta, Gertrude - Gertie, Mattie & Henderine. What some name, huh? They were my five Aunts who are no longer with us but over the years I so enjoyed there names. My Aunt Mattie raise chickens. When we travel back to Iowa I couldn't wait to go gather eggs with her. Maybe this is where I always had a desire to own a few chickens. I built my hens house out of old siding from my house so it is what it is.
Look at the time! It is off to another day at my job. Here is one of my dreams to live in the country with a few more critters and be able to tend to them daily. But reality set in and best get moving, my co-workers wouldn't want me to show up in my pj's.
Enjoy June

1 comment:

  1. Love your henhouse....very cheerful!! And by the way....those grandbabies are beautiful My first is on the way....and I want to be called Grammie, too. Hubbs is going to be Grampie. You need to give each of your gals their own posting...pictures and biography!!

    ReplyDelete