Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Monday, January 18, 2010

Weekend Off

Where did the weekend go? I guess I crammed many fun activities in that time just flew. Saturday started off with watching grandsons at a wrestling tournament. Then it was lunch with old friend from where I use to live and I joined them for the musical Xanadu in downtown Portland. I think that is how you spell the 80's movie. I remember going to see it back them but only remember Olivia Newton John on roller skates. It was very enjoyable as a musical and now I can put the story together. Sunday I found myself at a friends home for brunch. She wanted to try out a new recipe. I think she has been inspired by the movie Julie & Julia. She is trying to cook her way through many recipes of her cookbook collection. The food was wonderful and the company even better. We sat and visited into mid afternoon. I love staying connected with high school friends. So there was no housework, laundry, or creative project. Sometimes it is just fun to take a weekend off.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a perfect weekend. We kicked back and relaxed a bit...stayed home most of the weekend. Saw "It's Complicated" on Sunday....good movie...funny!

    ReplyDelete