Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Thursday, January 21, 2010

Look What I Found

After work yesterday I went for a walk around my yard and guess what I found? It sure seem a little early for then to be popping their heads above ground. But it is so exciting to think I might have a bloom or two coming.
Look close they are really there!

Pretty short stem daffodils, think they have their timing off.



Now these cocuses will show bloom soon.


As I was walking and checking out how everything has wintered over, I noticed the sky. I didn't want to take a picture from the yard because of houses blocking the view. So my boots were make for walking and I headed to the edge of town. Only a few blocks away. I tried to capture the colors but I must have been a slow walker since the color in the sky wasn't as vibrant. But still wanted to share.



It was so nice to be outside and have a little time after work before it got dark. I am so looking forward to longer daylight. Just picks the spirts up!! Here wishing another day of sunshine!


Smile for it is contagious! June



2 comments:

  1. Oh my....it's true...spring really is coming!!! Great picture, June....so nice to have a face to put with a name!!! Have a really great weekend. I hope to get a little reading done....got a new book about bees. And yes, it is so nice to have the days slowly getting longer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh a girl after my own heart... I love those new spring shoots of bulbs and branches.. It will be while though before I see them, Its snowing right now..& the ground is frozen. Thank you for sharing a tiny window of Spring.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete