Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My Girls

The girls have been out doing themselves. I only have five hens but they sure have been laying. Maybe they think Spring is just around the corner. I have been giving dozens of eggs to my kids. I can only eat so many!

I have to tell you a funny story about my 30+ daughter. When my little chicks grew up and starting laying I didn't give eggs away. So about two years ago when I gave her a dozen eggs she was afraid to eat them. We had to have a little talk on mass produce eggs in the store versus free range eggs. She now is convinced these are better. There for awhile I wondered where I went wrong on raising her. I usually give then the larger brown ones and I keep the smaller ones from my bantams. They all eat the same in my book! So I add two to a recipe when it calls for one.

Just to let you know it is raining today so the sunny weather has gone away. But the temps are still holding at mild!!!


Enjoy June

No comments:

Post a Comment