Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Picking the spirts up

I had been contemplating redoing my living for sometime. It seem it was too dark!! I am a person who really enjoys light or should I say I needs daylight. So I wanted a green wall, lime green but decided to tame it down a little. I thought I would leave the other walls tan. Still thinking on this one. Well all I had to do was mention this to my daughter and walla! First I get a call and she say "I bought you a new coffee table and end table at a garage sale today". Okay, will I like it? Yes, you will was the answer!! Then I take a vacation and come home to wall painted, new TV armoir, coffee table and end table moved in. But she didn't like my sofa. So guess what? She finds me a sofa on craiglist while I'm out of town for the weekend. So the following picture is what I came home too. I just love her!!!!!!!








Now this was all done this past fall and I have lived with this for a few months now. I'm still loving it but not sure I like the tan walls. You can only see a tiny look at my love seat which is a red and cream buffalo check . It does have a green windowpane plaid running over the checks which does blend with the green wall. My daughter is not a fan of it, but it is not leaving. Now the problem is I tend to be a pack rat so I'm trying really, really hard not to clutter it up. I tend to like all kinds of cherished possessions. She tend to call them junk. Yes, I did find some at a junk sale. So I am resisting!!! So now does anyone have a suggestion for a complementry wall color to the green?


Blessings,


June


PS I had to fine a picture of the love seat! It has wood rockers, just something I love.





1 comment:

  1. Wow....what a wonderful daughter!! Such a loving thing to do for you. I really like the re-do!

    ReplyDelete