I checked out one of my favorite blogger http://sewonandsewfourth.blogspot.com this morning and she has made a new apron. She has named it Minerva's Laundry Day Apron. You will have to check it out. But this brought a chuckle to me. You see my sister and I call each other names after some great, great Aunts or Grandmothers. My brain is also tired. Anyway my sister is Mahala for she is 5' 10"and younger then me. The other great is a lot shorter and is need of some sweater adjusting. So Minerva is me at 5' 1 1/2" and of course I do need a careful eye as to my proper attire. So when I saw this apron and the fabric with laundry tips I automatically thought of my sister and I. In this picture I'm sure you can figure out which one is Mahala and Minerva.
I truly needed a good chuckle today. I am so thankful for my sister and the great fun we have with these bygone era relatives. My sister does promise as I get older she will make sure I button my sweaters properly. Have a great Monday and go check out Minerva's Laundry Day Apron.
Enjoy June
Hi June - thanks for stopping by ~ I loved your post about Mahala and Minerva. I would have to be Minerva, too, because my sister is the tall one in our family. She got the tall skinny genes and I got the shorter, plumper genes. How unfair! She laughs at me, too, cuz I'm such a bumpkin. Oh well!
ReplyDeleteGood to meet you & I'm' looking forward to seeing you again! Vickie
Oh by the way, I meant to tell you what cute little "grands" you have - you know that long skinny painting of all the little birdies, sparrows I think - well that's what these little ones remind me of!
ReplyDelete