Over the weekend and might I say a lovely weekend, I was doing some spring cleaning. I removed dishes from the china cabinet to dust. One thing brought back some childhood memories. As a child my Mom had a cupboard with dishes that were very seldom used. One was a gold set and see said "its a coffee set". For some reason I always liked it but was never allowed to play with it or for that matter to even get it out of the cupboard. So I would stand on the counter and rearrange it several times until I was told to get down. We are talking even when I was in high school. Now could it be that I wasn't allowed to play with it? Was is something I really liked? As I grew up, married and family of my own I would ask Mom what ever going to do with that? The answer was always the same. It's not very useful and I don't want to hand wash it. So it stayed up in the cupboard out of sight forever. Several times I suggest she give it to me since she never took it down. Then of course the conversation would change instantly. Many years have passed and Mom is no longer with us but the gold coffee set is now in my china cabinet. I have to laugh for it just sits in my cabinet. I don't use it because it is not very useful. For I would need several cup fulls to even get a taste of coffee from the size of the cups. But now I wonder if it is a coffee set or what it purpose really is. If any of you have a suggestion please let me know.


As to how old it is, I'm guessing the forties but really don't know. Even though impractical I still like it. Looking at the pictures even makes the cups look larger but you can't get your finger in the cup ear, you have to pinch it to hold. I think they hold about 1/2 c on a
measuring cup. As you can see small.
Here hoping for a wonderful Spring day and all your flowers are starting to bloom. Yes, I love my daffodils!!
Enjoy June
Hmmmmm, could it be for a child. Or maybe an after dinner coffee drink. Interesting story. Glad you have it now.
ReplyDeletedemi-cups? perhaps a childs set as suggested earlier? Pretty nomatter.. Yes the daffies are gorgeous,,
ReplyDeleteIsn't it silly after all these years it took a post to figure out these are little ducks not chicks. I guess standing on the counter and peaking into the back corner of the cupboard I imagine chicks. Maybe because as a little girl I always wanted chickens.
ReplyDelete