Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Monday, April 26, 2010

Grammie's Tired

Yes, that's right! I had three of my grandchildren for the weekend. My son and daughter-in-law took a little road trip for their anniversary. So the grand kids came to stay. On Saturday was Ag. Fest at our State Fairgrounds. So off we went to see the animals, tractor and trailer rides, dig potatoes, watch baby chicks hatch, cowboys with rope tricks, lots and lots of seed to plant. So you know what we did when we got home. Yes, that right; plant corn, green beans, 2 different kids of squash and cukes.




The remainder of the weekend was the kids playing with the dog and chickens. They built forts and house to capture the chickens. Needless to say the girls didn't cooperate. They even put out chicken food to entice them.


Seeing this picture makes me realize how much work I still have to do in the side yard. It just never ends! Of course this is the portion of the yard the kids swing is in and they have plenty of dirt to dig in.

Did I tell you the girls this morning were very contented chickens? No one to chase them!!!
Have a great week!

Enjoy June

6 comments:

  1. Sounds and looks like you had a great weekend. I usually have at least one to three grannies at my house on the weekends and I so love it but I am like the girls very contented on Monday - no one to chase OR chase me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you and the chickens missed the grands - OK maybe just you. I bet you were worn out. I would be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun.. I wish my grandsons were closer.. They would have loved such an adventure.. maybe later this summer..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, they are adorable grands and you are so lucky that they live close. Love it that they wore out not just their grandma, but their grandma's chickens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read your post after I posted mine. Then I see that you posted on Cozy Blanket. Hah. I thought your post sounded like most of my week-ends. Except for living on a farm, I think we must be alot alike. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHAT A GOOD GRAMMY you are!!! Gosh; made me want to come play. lol Your kids are so cute and ... I love them LIL PIGGIES. We used to raise them but our pens didn't look quite as neat as yours. lol
    Have a great weekend!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete